Discover four of Phnom Penh’s finest cultural and historical attractions: starting from Wat Phnom and the beautiful Royal Palace. The we will visit the National Museum and the Silver Pagoda, so named because of its floor that comprises 5,000 silver tiles and topped by a gold Buddha encrusted with 9,584 diamonds – arguably the most beautiful pagoda in the city.With so much to see, are you interested in?
Duration: Full Day
Tour Code: MCPS07
Price from: US $ Pax
Tour Valid: December 31th, 2014
Highlights: Wat Phnom – Royal Palace – Silver Pagoda – National Museum
Day 1 – Phnom Penh City
Place Transport: Car
Begin your tour of this charming capital with a visit to the city’s namesake, Wat Phnom. Founded in 1373, the pagoda was built to house Buddhist relics washed ashore by the river.
Visit the Royal Palace built in 1866 by King Norodom. See the different structures of this pagoda-style compound and stroll in its beautiful garden. Visit the Silver Pagoda so named because of its floor that is comprised of 5,000 silver tiles. A gold Buddha encrusted with 9,584 diamonds and a small 17th century emerald and baccarat crystal Buddha are also housed here.
Continue going to the nearby National Museum, Built in 1917, it is an exceptional example of traditional architecture and is exclusively devoted to preserving and displaying Khmer art and sculptures. Hundreds of pieces are housed here including both pre-and post-Angkorian pieces.
The Tour Inclusion:
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above.
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program
- Lunch (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available.
The Tour Exclusion:
- International flight tickets and airport tax.Visas.
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Surcharge for peak season (if any) & other not mentioned in the above detail program.
- The itinerary is just a sample of our tours; we’ll be pleased to design similar programs with dates and itinerary customized to your personal preferences in Tailor Made Tours section. Rates may vary frequently. Please contact us to get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
What to bring?
- Sun Block, Wide brim hat, Camera + Film, Comfortable shoes, Rain gear, Warm clothes, original Passport…
How to start?
- MinMax Travel is a fully escorted tour and best-available all year round; the only thing you need to prepare in advance is the international air-ticket from/to your country.
- You can get Cambodia Visa on arrival easily (getting visa at the airport).